Add your first product in the Tebi Back Office
There are three ways to add products to the app:
- Manually add products through the Tebi App
- Add products in bulk in the Tebi Back Office
- Manually add products in the Tebi Back Office, as explained below
Create the product in the Tebi Back Office
In the Tebi Back Office, go to Tools > Product List
Press the blue ⊕︀ to add a new product
Fill in the fields to create your product:
- Image: Upload an image. This will be visible in the products overview, or when you long press on a product tile on the Grid.
- GTIN: Fill in the Global Trade Item Number (GTIN), a universal ID for your product, found on the barcode of a product. To maintain consistency of your products and reports it is vital that GTINs are unique numbers and are only used for a single product:
- GTIN is also known as EAN, UPC, ISBN and JAN.
- If this field is left blank, a GTIN will be automatically generated by Tebi.
- Note: Once the GTIN is created and the product has been saved, it cannot be changed.
- Name*: Type the full name of your product. This will be used in reports and searches.
- Short name: The short name is the display name for the product in the app:
- This name will appear on the product button on the Sale Screen.
- If left blank, the full name will appear by default.
- Color: Select a color for the product tile in the Sale Screen.
- SKU: Fill in the stock keeping unit (SKU), a unique identifier for your product:
- SKUs are metadata and will not appear in the Tebi App.
- If you don’t use SKUs, leave this field blank.
- Status*: Select status ‘available’ if you want the product to be available for sale. Products with the status ‘draft’ or ‘not available’ will not be available for sale.
- Description: Description can be used for extra information about your product that you cannot add in other fields:
- E.g., add sales recommendations for staff so that they can answer questions on the product.
- Whatever you enter here will become searchable from the Sale Screen, and visible in the product details in the Sale Screen when you long press a product.
- Tags: Add tags if you want to organise your products into groups for display on the Sale Screen:
- E.g., group all coffee products under one category by giving cappuccino, espresso and latte the tag coffee.
- Tags are used for searching and discovering products.
- Properties: Give your product properties (e.g., size or color) for more information. This will be visible when you long press on a product tile in the Sale Screen. Properties are used for searching and discovering products.
- Categories for reporting: Add categories if you want to organize your products into groups for reporting purposes.
- Sales price: Add the amount you will charge customers for your product, including or excluding tax depending on the tax type you select below.
- Buying price (excl. tax)*: Add the amount it costs you to buy and/or make the product, excluding tax. Tebi uses this to calculate the margin on a product.
- Tax type*: Select the tax rate for this product. This is the type of tax payable over your product or service. It can be VAT or sales tax, depending on your region.
- Reduced tax part: For mixed-tax products, enter the amount of the sales price that should be charged at a reduced tax rate. E.g., you sell a gin tonic for €8. It is two products sold separately: gin (€5, VAT 21%) and tonic water (€3, VAT 9%). Under Reduced tax part put ‘3’.
- Prep station: Select the Prep Station where this product is produced. When the product is ordered, a ticket will be sent to that station. Find out how to add a Prep Station.
- Default course: Assign a product to a default course.
- Preparation priority: Configure the order in which products will be shown in a prep ticket. Higher priority products will appear higher in the ticket.
- Modifier only*: When ‘modifier only’ is switched on, this product is only available as a modifier on another product. If the switch is turned off the product will also be available as a stand-alone product. Find out how to add product modifiers.
- Tap Save and your product will be completed.
Add the product to the app
Go to Sales in the app and enter the Sales Screen.
Long press the View name tab to enter editing mode.
Tap a tile with ⊕︀ and select Add a product, then select the product you want to add.
Select a color and add a display name (if you haven’t already done so in the Tebi Back Office) for your product then press Done.
To reposition, long press the tile and drag then drop the product to a new position.
Read this article to learn more about how to set up the Sales Views.