Add your first product in the Tebi Back Office
There are three ways to add products to the app:
- Manually add products through the Tebi App
- Add products in bulk in the Tebi Back Office
- Manually add products in the Tebi Back Office, as explained below
Create the product in the Tebi Back Office
- In the Tebi Back Office, go to Tools > Product List
- Press the blue ⊕︀ to add a new product
Fill in the fields to create your product:
- Image: Upload an image. This will be visible in the products overview, or when you long press on a product tile on the Grid.
- GTIN: Fill in the Global Trade Item Number (GTIN), a universal ID for your product, found on the barcode of a product. To maintain consistency of your products and reports it is vital that GTINs are unique numbers and are only used for a single product:
- GTIN is also known as EAN, UPC, ISBN and JAN.
- If this field is left blank, a GTIN will be automatically generated by Tebi.
- Note: Once the GTIN is created and the product has been saved, it cannot be changed.
- Name*: Type the full name of your product. This will be used in reports and searches.
- Short name: The short name is the display name for the product in the app:
- This name will appear on the product button on the Sale Screen.
- If left blank, the full name will appear by default.
- Color: Select a color for the product tile in the Sale Screen.
- SKU: Fill in the stock keeping unit (SKU), a unique identifier for your product:
- SKUs are metadata and will not appear in the Tebi App.
- If you don’t use SKUs, leave this field blank.
- Status*: Select status ‘available’ if you want the product to be available for sale. Products with the status ‘draft’ or ‘not available’ will not be available for sale.
- Description: Description can be used for extra information about your product that you cannot add in other fields:
- E.g., add sales recommendations for staff so that they can answer questions on the product.
- Whatever you enter here will become searchable from the Sale Screen, and visible in the product details in the Sale Screen when you long press a product.
- Tags: Add tags if you want to organise your products into groups for display on the Sale Screen:
- E.g., group all coffee products under one category by giving cappuccino, espresso and latte the tag coffee.
- Tags are used for searching and discovering products.
- Properties: Give your product properties (e.g., size or color) for more information. This will be visible when you long press on a product tile in the Sale Screen. Properties are used for searching and discovering products.
- Categories for reporting: Add categories if you want to organize your products into groups for reporting purposes.
- Sales price: Add the amount you will charge customers for your product, including or excluding tax depending on the tax type you select below.
- Buying price (excl. tax)*: Add the amount it costs you to buy and/or make the product, excluding tax. Tebi uses this to calculate the margin on a product.
- Tax type*: Select the tax rate for this product. This is the type of tax payable over your product or service. It can be VAT or sales tax, depending on your region.
- Reduced tax part: For mixed-tax products, enter the amount of the sales price that should be charged at a reduced tax rate. E.g., you sell a gin tonic for €8. It is two products sold separately: gin (€5, VAT 21%) and tonic water (€3, VAT 9%). Under Reduced tax part put ‘3’.
- Prep station: Select the Prep Station where this product is produced. When the product is ordered, a ticket will be sent to that station. Find out how to add a Prep Station.
- Default course: Assign a product to a default course.
- Preparation priority: Configure the order in which products will be shown in a prep ticket. Higher priority products will appear higher in the ticket.
- Modifier only*: When ‘modifier only’ is switched on, this product is only available as a modifier on another product. If the switch is turned off the product will also be available as a stand-alone product. Find out how to add product modifiers.
- Tap Save and your product will be completed.
Add the product to the app
- Go to Sales in the app and enter the Sales Screen.
- Long press the View name tab to enter editing mode.
- Tap a tile with ⊕︀ and select Add a product, then select the product you want to add.
- Select a color and add a display name (if you haven’t already done so in the Tebi Back Office) for your product then press Done.
- To reposition, long press the tile and drag then drop the product to a new position.
Read this article to learn more about how to set up the Sales Views.