Using a prep station & coursing
Using a prep station
Learn more about setting up prep stations here.
You can choose to make use of printed or digital prep station tickets.
Using printed prep tickets
Prep tickets will automatically print whenever products which are assigned to the prep station are submitted in a sale. Tickets will also print when products are added, removed or edited in a sale and when customer and sale details change. See the example below.
Using digital prep tickets
Prep tickets are created whenever products which are assigned to the prep station are submitted in a sale. Tickets are updated when products are added, removed or edited in a sale and when customer and sale details change.
You can select tickets you are working on by tapping the ticket header. This will highlight the tickets with a yellow border so they stand out while selected.
When you have prepared a product, you can tick it off by tapping the circle next to the product name. When all products in a ticket are prepared you can close the prep ticket by tapping Close in the header.
If there are changes to a product that has not been prepared, the time of the change is highlighted for the next minute. If a product changes and it has been prepared, a new ticket line with a negative preparation quantity will be shown.
If you want to review or reopen closed tickets, tap the three dots at the top of the prep station and tap View open tickets. You can reopen tickets here and they will reappear in the prep station’s open section.
You can configure the order in which products will be shown in a prep ticket. That way products that take longer to prepare will appear at the top of a prep ticket, while the faster products appear at the end. For example, apply a preparation priority of ‘high’ to a product which takes 20 minutes to prepare and a low priority to a product that takes 5 minutes to prepare.
To set preparation priority:
- In the Tebi app, go to Products and select the product you want to change
- Go to the Preparation section and select the Preparation priority (High, Medium or Low)
- Higher priority products will appear higher in the ticket
- Tap Save
Communicate with the kitchen
You can use sale notes to communicate important information about a sale or customer preference to the kitchen. For example you can add allergies or dietary requirements to a sale. To add a sale note:
- In the Sale screen, tap the sale title
- Add the information you want send to the kitchen in the Note field
- Tap Done
- The note will appear on prep tickets for the sale
To streamline operations you can group products according to how they will be prepared and served, such as across multiple courses at a restaurant. Products will show in their course in a sale and
Setting up courses:
- In the Tebi app, go to Settings > Prep stations
- In the Courses section, tap Create new…
- Enter the name of the course and Save
- You can change the order of courses using the drag icons (☰) on the left
Adding products to default courses:
- In the Tebi app, go to Products and select the product you want to add to a course
- Go to the Preparation section and select the Default course for the product
- Tap Save
Moving a product to a different course in a sale You can move products to other courses in a sale, for example if a customer wants a starter as a main. To do this:
- Add the product to a sale in the Sales screen in the Tebi App
- Tap the product name in the sale after it has been added to the sale
- Tap the Pen icon
- If the quantity of the selected product is more than one, use the bumper to select the amount of products you want to move
- In the Course section, select the course you want the product to move to
- Tap Done