Setting up and using QR Ordering
Tebi QR Ordering lets your customers order directly from a simple, easy to use online ordering site. They can access the site via QR codes or from links on any social accounts or websites you own. There are three main features to Tebi QR Ordering: the online menu, table ordering and takeaway ordering. Each can be used on its own or separately.
The online menu shows which products you have available, including pricing, descriptions and categories.
Table ordering goes one step further and lets your customers order without the need for a staff member to walk by and take their order.
Takeaway works similar to table ordering but does not link orders to a particular table or area.
Setting up QR Rrdering
- Go to QR Ordering in the Tebi back office
- Enable the QR Ordering products you would like to use: either menu for just the digital menu or QR ordering for table ordering and or takeaway.
- Select a theme colour for the header and button highlights
- If you would like to add or adjust a logo, this must be done in the the Printing settings area in the Tebi app
- If you are using table ordering and would like your customers to order without paying each time, download the ‘Pay after service’ QR codes. If you want your customers to pay each time they order choose the ‘Pay before service’ QR codes.
- If you do takeaway, you can find the link to your takeaway ordering site in the ‘Takeaway’ section.
Creating your menu
- Go to the ‘Menu’ section in QR Ordering
- For products to be used in QR Ordering, they must be added to a prep station (otherwise we won’t be able to tell you what has been ordered). Read here how to setup and use a prep station.
- Select ‘Add section’ and type a title to setup a section category in the menu
- Start typing to search and add products to the section
- You can use this control ☰ to determine the order of products in a section
- When you’re done, select ‘Save menu’
- After saving, select ‘Preview’
- When QR Ordering is setup, your customers can select and add any product you have configured and is available to their order
- If you are using table ordering, there are individual QR codes per table or area. When a customer scans and orders from one of these the table or area will be automatically added to their order.
- When a customer places an order they will be asked to provide their name and they can add any notes they might want your staff to know (for example allergies)
- When an order has been placed it will appear in your prep station. If it has been paid before service, it will appear in the ‘Closed sales’ section in the Tebi app. Otherwise, if it was ordered via Pay after service, then it will appear as an open sale in your Sales List and Floor Plan. Note: The sale name will be prefaced by ‘QR -’ to help you identify where they originated from.
Turn off ordering
- To disable ordering or the online menu, go to the Setup section in Ordering in the back office
- Click the Disable button
- Any customers who are in the process of ordering will see a message that ordering is not available
About ecommerce payments
If you use QR Ordering or QR Payments then your customers will be paying with ecommerce payments. These payments have some important differences from card or cash point of sale payments that you should be aware of.
Disputes and chargebacks
You should be vigilant for disputes and chargebacks as these may occur more often when using ecommerce payments. This guide from Adyen shows how you can manage these in Adyen Essentials.
There are different pricing schemes for ecommerce payments which are often higher than in-person payments. For example iDeal payment cost €0.25 per transaction.