How can I refund a payment?
Step 1 - Submit a refund via Adyen Essentials
- Log in to Adyen Essentials
- Go to Payments
- Search for the payment you want to refund
- Open the payment and adjust the amount to be refunded
- Select Refund payment to refund the amount
Step 2 - Make a refund correction in the Tebi App
- Open the app
- In the Menu (≡) go to Sales
- In the top right corner (⁝≡) got to the Sales List
- Select the day that contains the invoice in question at the center top of the screen
- Find the right invoice by scrolling or searching
- Click on ⋯ and Correct products
- Delete the product(s) in the invoice to be refunded
- Press Refund
- Select payment method Card or Cash > Refund
Possible reasons you can’t make a refund in Adyen Essentials
Is the refund button unavailable, or you can’t make a refund? This can happen for one of the following reasons:
- Your user role doesn’t have refund rights. Reach out to your admin user. They can assign you the Merchant manage payments role, which lets you make refunds.
- The payment method doesn’t support refunds. See an overview of the payment methods.
- A refund isn’t yet possible. A payment must be captured and in SentForSettle or Settled status before a refund is possible. Read more on payment statuses.
- The bank account details aren’t valid. This can happen with some online banking methods like Sofort. Check the IBAN versus the issuerCountry for mismatches.
- You reached the refund limit for this payment method.
- If your transaction received the RefundFailed status, read why your refund failed.