Setting up a payment terminal
Payment terminals allow you to take card payments. Tebi uses Android-enabled terminals that also run the Tebi App so that you can create orders, process payments and print receipts, all in one device. To get started with your payment terminal:
- Take the terminal out of the box and charge the terminal using the cable and power plug supplied. The terminal should be connected to power while you are setting it up.
- Turn the terminal on using the power button on the left hand side for S1F2 terminals, and the right hand side for AMS1 terminals.
- When the terminal has started up, choose Quick Setup > Adyen
- Select the language to be used on the terminal. This is typically the language of your staff and customers. Please note it can take up to three hours before the changes are applied.
- The terminal needs an internet connection so select your Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-Fi password to connect the terminal to the internet. If available, please select a secure Wi-Fi network that is not used for guests. Once the Wi-Fi has been connected, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and select the triangle to go to the home screen of the terminal.
- At this stage the terminal will likely search for updates and install them. This process can take up to an hour to complete
- When these updates are complete, open the Settings app
- Select Device info
- Open Software version
- This will check for an update and can take a few seconds
- If an update is available, select Install now
- The update will download and the terminal will restart. This can take a few minutes to complete.
Congratulations! Your terminal is now ready to take payments 💰! Now let’s get your point of sale set up by logging into the Tebi App.