Add your first product in the Tebi App
There are three ways to add products to the app:
- Manually add products in the Tebi Back Office
- Add products in bulk in the Tebi Back Office
- Manually add products in the Tebi App, as explained below
Create the product in the app
We’ll start by adding a basic product by filling in the fields:
In the app, open the Menu (≡).
- Open Products.
- Tap ⊕︀ Add product in the top right corner.
- Image: Upload an image. This will be visible in the products overview, or when you long press on a product tile on the Grid.
- Available: When the status ‘available’ switch is turned on the product will be available for sale. If the switch is turned off the product will not be available for sale but will be visible in your product list with the status ‘archived’.
- Modifier only: When the ‘modifier only’ switch is turned on, this product is only available as a modifier on another product. If the switch is turned off the product will also be available as a stand-alone product. Find out how to add product modifiers.
- Name*: Fill in the full name of your product. This will be used in reports and searches.
- Description: Note down extra information about your product that you cannot add in other fields:
- E.g., add sales recommendations for staff so that they can answer questions on the product.
- Whatever you enter here will become searchable from the Sale Screen, and visible in the product details in the Sale Screen when you long press a product.
- Tax type*: Select the tax rate for this product. This is the type of tax payable over your product or service. It can be VAT or sales tax, depending on your region.
- Buying price: Add the amount it costs you to buy and/or make the product, excluding tax. Tebi uses this to calculate the margin on a product.
- Sales price: Add the amount you will charge customers for your product, including or excluding tax depending on the tax type selected.
- Prompt price while ordering: If the ‘prompt price’ switch is turned on, the pricing field will be prompted in the Sale Screen. Manually add the price each time you select the product. If the ‘prompt price’ is turned off, the sales price will be shown.
- Markup: Markup is calculated from the buying price (excluding tax) and sales price (excluding tax).
- Tags: Add tags if you want to organize your products into groups for display on the Sale Screen:
- E.g., group all coffee products under one category by giving cappuccino, espresso and latte the tag coffee.
- Tags are used for searching and discovering products.
- Properties: Give your product properties (e.g., size or color) for more information. This will be visible when you long press a product tile in the Sale Screen. Properties are used for searching and discovering products.
- Category for reporting: Add categories if you want to organize your products into groups for reporting purposes.
- SKU: Fill in the stock keeping unit (SKU), a unique identifier for your product:
- SKUs are metadata and will not appear in the Tebi App.
- If you don’t use SKUs, leave this field blank.
- GTIN: Fill in the Global Trade Item Number (GTIN), a universal ID for your product, found on the barcode of a product. To maintain consistency of your products and reports it is vital that GTINs are unique numbers and are only used for a single product:
- GTIN is also known as EAN, UPC, ISBN and JAN.
- If this field is left blank, a GTIN will be automatically generated by Tebi.
- Note: Once the GTIN is created and the product has been saved, it cannot be changed.
- Display name: Fill in an easy to remember name for the product:
- This name will appear on the product button on the Sale Screen.
- If left blank, the full product name will appear by default.
- Color: Select a color for the product tile in the Sale Screen.
- Prep Station: Select the Prep Station where this product is produced. When the product is ordered, a ticket will be sent to that station. Find out how to add a Prep Station.
- Default course: Assign a product to a default course.
- Preparation priority: Configure the order in which products will be shown in a prep ticket. Higher priority products will appear higher in the ticket.
- Tap Save and your product will be completed.
Add the product to the Sale Screen
- Go to Sales in the app and enter the Sale Screen.
- Long press the View name tab to enter editing mode.
- Tap a tile with ⊕︀ and select Add a product, then select the product you want to add.
- Select a color and add a display name (if you haven’t already done so in the Tebi Back Office) for your product then press Done.
- To reposition, long press the tile and drag then drop the product to a new position.
Now that you’ve added your first product, let’s run through how to set up Sales Views.